Forum LockedTurboDoc is Great

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TurboDoc View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote TurboDoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TurboDoc is Great
    Posted: 07/July/04 at 10:04pm
Lyle -

Funny, I was just thinking about emailing you when you got to me first. Things are going well. The presentation went very well and everyone was impressed and I think a little intimidated about how quickly our small dept went to an EMR. Of course, the main question and drawback was the need to enter data in two systems: Turbodoc for clinical and SMS for billing. My staff does not find it much of a problem because the two tasks are really different and the basic demographic needed to enter TD is trivial. The organization as a whole needs a system which can do both outpatient and inpatient EMR integrated with billling. I suggested looking at Epicare. I suspect it will be some time before anything is done.

In any case, we are glad we went to Turbodoc! I haven't dictated an op note in six months! My office notes are done at the end of clinic. When we make rounds, see a consult and generate a handwritten consult, we drop it into the nearest fax machine and fax it to our fax server. The staff imports it into TD and we code it later in the day. We fax everything and I mean everything. We use "Activefax" on a dedicated PC - what a nice piece of software!

In addition, we are virtually paperless. Old records we are batch scanning into PDF's. The staff has really adapted to it and there are no more lost charts. Our clinics are now almost all with patients on TurboDoc.

I have cleaned the reports database and it now contains about 131 neurosurgical reports instead of the 417 that come with the initial install. All custom files and templates are in a separate directory, C:\turbocustom which cleans up the Turbodoc directory.

We have neurosurgical ICDsuper.dat and CPT.dat. When in the impression screen, if you click on ICD-9, TD looks for a file named after the system. So in defaults, I have ICD path: C:\cptfiles\notepad.exe and in the C:\cptfiles directory are txt files each named for the system chosen and you get the ICD-9's for that system. For difficult coding we use Encoderpro on the web. It is IMO the best coding resource. We do other little things. I have jpegs of head charts that I load with draw and then plot the child's HC directly on the chart and it appears in the note.

In the next month or so, I need to make a CD and send it to you with TD modified for neurosurgical use. It may prove of some use.

Regards,
Gene Quindlen, M.D.
jubb View Drop Down
Owner
Owner

Quote jubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/July/07 at 12:54pm

I think TurboDoc is a great EMR solution.  It is amazing how much time I save doing my records.

Justin

lyle@turbodoc.com View Drop Down
Owner
Owner

Quote lyle@turbodoc.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/December/08 at 3:02am
Dr. Quindlen, thank you for all of this helpful information.
 Post Reply Post Reply